Oklahoma State University: The STATE's University
Visit the OSU Home Page
IT Home
About IT
Service Catalog
Student Resources
Faculty/Staff Resources
IT Announcements
IT Ransomware Advisory
UTSF Committee
Turn Off Spam Digest
How To...
O-Key Account Access
Cowboy Mail
Orange Mail
Outlook Web Access

Technology in the Residence Halls

Internet Access for your Residence Hall Room/Campus Apartment:
To obtain Internet access from Residential Life areas, you will need:
  • A Network Interface Card (NIC) - 3COM NICs are recommended, but not required
  • An Ethernet connecting cable with RJ45 plugs
  • Power and Ethernet Surge Protector - APC NET8N, Curtis Power7 or equivalent are suggested
Your RJ45 cable will need to be long enough to reach safely from your orange Ethernet jack in the wall to your computer. If you require technical support, please contact the IT Helpdesk at (405) 744-HELP, helpdesk@okstate.edu, or by visiting 113 Mathematical Sciences with your OSU ID card.
NAT Server Registration
Computing systems in Residential Life areas are housed within a Network Address Translation (NAT) architecture. Utilizing NAT makes the Residential Life systems invisible to the outside world, while not interfering with their usage of internet resources.
Systems in Residential Life cannot be accessed from the outside world without registering the system as a "server" via the NAT Server Registration website. For more information on NAT, or to register your computer as a server, visit the NAT website.
The State's University
Oklahoma State University - Stillwater | Stillwater, OK 74078 | 405.744.5000
Copyright © 2006 Oklahoma State University | All rights reserved