Meet the IT Staff: Administration
Chief Information Officer
Dr. Murthy has worked over 25 years in IT and Higher Education with experience in several IT roles around the world. He has built a Trading Room that simulates the New York Stock Exchange and designed and built hardware for several multi-function computer labs. He has extensive experience in building innovative technology solutions for higher education, as well as small and medium-sized businesses (SBDS). Dr. Murthy has completed several international technology challenges and has extensive experience in strategic development for higher education.
Areas of interest and growth:
- Data management for security and business intelligence.
- Data analytics with Ai.
- IoT in Higher Ed., and STEM disciplines.
- AR/VR for STEM curriculum.
- Optimization and Innovation framework within the service portfolio for higher education.
- Digital transformation in Higher Education through the convergence of disciplines.
- Service Portfolio and Catalog.
- Strategic development of the IT department.
- Infrastructure modernization and digitalization of services.
- Digital Transformation in Higher Education.
Ms. Chastain joined OSU in November of 2021 in the Information Technology Department. She is the front office administrator as well as oversees the IT Building needs, assists the Executive Administrative Assistant, as well as the CIO. She is excited to have a career with OSU and plans to seek a degree in Business Administration.