The remote printing service is comprised of a set of print stations and a technology
that lets users send a print request to any of those print stations after loading
the appropriate driver onto their computer.
Users can send a print job to any of the print stations from their computer and/or mobile devices after installing the driver for the intended print station. They then can go to the print station, log in using their O-Key credentials, and find their print requests queued. They select the items they wish to print, and click print.
Print stations are in the following locations:
- Family Resource Center, Computer Lab: 719 N. Walnut Street
- Griffith Community Center, Front Desk: 1205 W. McElroy Road
- Portillo Community Center, Front Desk: 320 N. McFarland Street
- Stout Hall, Front Desk: 123 S. Stout Lane
- Student Union, Second Floor: 110 S. Hester Street
- 406 – 408 Classroom, 110 N. Hester Street
- 108 Math Sciences, 107 N. Monroe Street
- Kerr-Drummond Cafeteria (Mezzanine), 218 N. Kerr Lane
- Install the driver for the intended print station from print.okstate.edu. The driver will connect the computer or device to the intended print station.
- "Print" the document(s) by selecting the new “printer” from your printer list.
- Retrieve your document(s) by going to the printer station you chose in Step 2 within six hours.
- Use your O-Key credentials to log into the print station.
- Select the document(s) you wish to print. (If you sent several documents to the print
station, you will see a list of all of them in your account.)
- Click Print.