- Individual Private Data (Private) - SSN, HIPAA, FERPA, Buckley, Billing, Financial Aid, Student, Human Resources information.
- Individual Data (Non-Private) - Personal information that does not include private data.
- Directory Information Only (Public) - Includes Name and Email.
- Aggregate or Institutional Research Data - Non-identifying data.
- Other - Examples: vendor or financial accounts.
Data Release is a web application that standardizes the fulfillment of Data Release Requests across the whole of the Oklahoma A&M Colleges System. It is intended to act as a Procedural and/or Compliance Control for safeguarding sensitive or regulated data from inappropriate release.
The Data Release application allows individuals on campus to request data from the Oklahoma A&M System Campuses’ data systems, whether that data is individually or departmentally collected, controlled or shared. The requests are forwarded to Data Owners for review and approval. Once approved, requests are forwarded to appropriate fulfillment personnel. The Data Release application allows for requests of data from each of the institutions in the OSU/A&M System. Data Requests can be made for various administrative areas (Student, Financial, HR, Payroll, Bursar, Financial Aid), Various Admissions Application systems, Housing, and the Identity Management System. The application is available to all Oklahoma A & M Institutions. It is intended to standardize how data is requested and released across the system. It will also act as a Procedural and/or Compliance Control for safeguarding sensitive or regulated data from inappropriate use.
The Data Release application does not apply to Open Records requests.
In this Data Release page use te FAQ's to see information on how to use Data Release.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I create a Data Release request?
- How do I approve or deny a Data Release request?
- Who can use the Data Release application?
- Anyone with valid OSU credentials can use the data release application. However, users might have different roles in the application, i.e., you may be data requester, data recipient, data approver, or data full-filler, or a combination of any of these roles.
- How do I get to the Data Release application?
- Open a web browser (such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc.)
- Navigate to web application site: http://data-release.okstate.edu
- Log in using your OSU credentials.
- What types of content can be requested?
Types of data that can be requested include:
- What is on the home page of Data Release?
- How do I fulfill a Data Release request?
- How do I sign a Data Release request Confidentiality Statement?