The Software Distribution Center is where OSU students and employees can go to download Oklahoma State University license software. The software availability depends on the individual’s role with the university. The software is made available through contracts negotiated with major software companies.
The most common software available to most of the OSU community is Microsoft Office 365. Office includes a collection of programs and tools. The Office suite can be downloaded onto individual computers: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Access, One Drive – a cloud that lets individuals connect to their files from multiple devices and facilitates working “on the go.”
Faculty, Staff, and Students
1. Go to the Software Distribution Center.
2. Select the role listed.
- If you have more than one option, select one. Different software options are associated with different roles.
3. Select the desired software.
4. Read the licensing agreement.
5. Select either the Agree or Disagree
6. If you selected Agree, proceed to downloading the software.
For help with any part of this process and installation, contact the OSU-IT Helpdesk at 405-744-HELP (4357) or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to OK Corral and order software there.
Students and Employees
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I download and install Adobe Creative Cloud Applications?
- How do I install Microsoft 365?
- How do I request Office 365 Add-Ins?
- Who has access to Adobe Creative Cloud software through the University License?
- As a retiree or graduate, do I retain access to the Office Applications? (Installed
applications and Office Web Apps)As a retiree or graduate, you will only retain access to the email account with a 50 GB mailbox. You will not retain access to your Office Applications.
- How to install Windows 11 On-Campus/Domain Software obtained from the Software Distribution Center (SDC)?
- What are the recommended system requirements to upgrade to Windows 11?
- How to install Windows 11 Off-Campus/Non-Domain Software obtained from the Software Distribution Center (SDC)?
- Who has access to download Windows 11?