The Software Distribution Center is where the OSU can go to download Oklahoma State University license software. The software availability depends on the individual’s role with the university. The software is made available through contracts negotiated with major software companies.
The most common software available to most of the OSU community is Microsoft Office 365. Office includes a collection of programs and tools. The Office suite can be downloaded onto individual computers: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Access, One Drive – a cloud that lets individuals connect to their files from multiple devices and facilitates working “on the go.”
On the Software Distribution sign-in page are links to Cisco’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Autocad 2014, and Microsoft’s antivirus software. Users will have to log into the first two sites to verify their association with OSU. The antivirus software, Security Essentials, is free and open to the public and is the antivirus that Information Technology recommends and uses.
Faculty, Staff, and Students:
- Go to the Software Distribution Center.
- Select the role listed.
- If you have more than one option, select one. Different software options are associated with different roles.
- Select the desired software.
- Read the licensing agreement.
- Select either the Agree or Disagree
- If you selected Agree, proceed to downloading the software.
For help with any part of this process and installation, contact the OSU-IT Helpdesk at 405-744-HELP (4357) or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to OK Corral and order software there.