How do I approve or deny a Data Release Request?
- If you are a data request approver associated with any regulated, or data systems of a data request, you will receive an email asking you to review the data request and to make a decision to approve or deny the data request in your authority.
- Follow the link emailed to you and login to the application; you will enter the Homepage of Data Release. In the ‘Requests needing my approval’ section, click the request ID you received
- You will enter the form entitled Approve or Reject Data Request.
- In this form, you can view the details of the request, including the approval history log of the request. You can then make your decision to approve or deny the request.
- If you do not approve a data request, an email will be sent to the data requester and primary data recipient to notify them about the rejection with the reasons of your rejection included.
- When all data approvers associated with the same data request have provided their approvals, emails will be sent to the data requester and primary data recipient notifying them about the final approval of their data request. At the same time, emails will be sent to all data fulfillment admins associated with this data request so that all requested data could be released from corresponding sources to data recipients.