Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing application that allows you to set up virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities, all while conducting live chats - and it lets you record those sessions to view later.
You don't need an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, meaning nearly anyone can access it. However, an account is required to Host or Schedule Meetings.
Visit the Getting Started guide for new users;
You may logon with your O-Key credentials using the web client or the Zoom desktop client.
To use the Web Client, go to https://okstate-edu.zoom.us/.
NOTE: The Desktop Client is available at bottom of the Web Client page.
To download the Desktop Client, visit the Download Center
NOTE: When accessing Zoom from outside of the University, DUO Authentication may be required.
Getting started with Windows and macOS;
Students, Faculty, & Staff
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I find product and feature training?
- How do I join a Zoom meeting?
- How do I change the email address associated with my account?
- What is a Personal Meeting ID and Personal Link?
- How do I schedule a meeting?
- How do I record a meeting?
How do I change my virtual background?
Virtual Meeting Backgrounds for Download
Where do I find the outlook for Zoom plugin?
Please select the Download option from the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook section.
- How do I upgrade Zoom to the latest version?
- How do I troubleshoot my camera or video?
- How do I improve poor video quality?
- How do I test my Audio before meetings?
- How do I suppress background noise for videos?
- How do I manage Closed Captioning and Live Transcription?
- How do I manage and share Cloud Recordings?
How do I purchase an additional license for other Zoom services?
You may submit your request two ways. You may either:
Visit the Zoom Add-On License Request Form. You will be prompted to login with your O-Key Account credentials and authenticate through Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
Start a support ticket by using this link: Request HelpPlease provide the following information:
Direct Contact Phone Number
Department Billing Account Number
How Will It Benefit The Department Or College
Add-On License Requested
- How do I find technical support?