The Access Request application is used for requesting, approving, and granting access to Banner Administrative functionality. Banner is broken into individual modules that interact with each other as needed. Additionally, Banner comes with multiple integrations to systems we have already been using, such as SciQuest (OKCorral), EPrint and the Online Classroom (Canvas), and to new systems that have been purchased with Banner, such as the Offline Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Cognos (Reporting tool).
- Banner INB / Administration (XE)
- COGNOS Report Tools
- EPRINT Repositories
- Batch Server Access
- Banner Document Imaging
- Banner Secure Drive Access
- HR Departmental Time Entry
- Legacy ePrint
- Housing – This module contains the functions associated with managing the Housing module.
- General – This module contains functions that are associated with a General functions within Banner, such as communications, population selections, and General Person. General groups are associated other modules. General group approval will generally require other module access request approval.
- Financial Aid – This module contains the functions associated with funding and awarding Financial Aid, communications with students.
- Finance – This module contains the functions associate with University and Departmental Budget, Financial Accounting, Grants and Contracts, Fixed Assets, and Purchasing.
- Admissions – This module contains the functions associate with Applying for Admissions as well as the necessary functions to process the student for Admissions, including transfer articulation, admissions processing, and communications.
- Accounts Receivable – This module contains the functions associated with Student and Non-Student billing.
- Human Resources – This module contains the functions associated with Human Resources and Payroll Processing, such as Electronic Personnel Action Forms, Benefits, Position Control and Job Funding, Time Entry, Leave Accrual and Reporting, and Communications.
- Identity Management – This modules contains functions that pertain to Identity Management.
- Student – This module contains the functions associated with Students such as, Catalog and Course Creation, Student Registration, Classroom Scheduling, Student Advising, Advisor Maintenance, and Instructor Maintenance, Event Management and Communications.
The Access Request page is located at https://apps.okstate.edu/access_request . Sign in using your IDMS (O-Key) credentials.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Requesting security access for Banner.
Please click here for more information on how to request banner security access.
- View Access Requests
Please click here for more informsation on how to view access requests.
- Access Request Approval
Please click here for more information on how to approve an access request.
- Pending Approver Action
Please click here for more information on Pending Approver Actions.
- Pending Department Head Action
Please click here for more information on Pending Department Head Actions.
- Granting Access Requests
- Once the request is fully approved, an iSupport help ticket is generated and routed to the Identity Management office to grant the approved access.
- Some security access requires the Financial Information Management or the Human Resources department to configure.
- Security Removal Request
Please click here for more information on Access Request Security Removal.
- Department Head Proxy
Please click here for more information on Department Head Proxy.
- Security Review
Please click here for more information on Security Review.