Orange Key (O-Key) Account
Orange Key (O-Key) makes managing identity and access to services possible. O-Key provides each person with a formal affiliation with OSU a single secure user ID and password.
End-users use O-Key to
- Reset passwords every 120 days
- Set up email
- Set up confidential contacts in case of an emergency
- Sign up for Campus Alerts - users can receive the alerts about emergencies on campus via a voice message and/or text
- Students use O-Key to select or change their preferred email delivery system - Cowboy Mail or Orange Mail.
O-Key administrators use O-Key to
- Determine access to university services
- Create service accounts
- Manage identity issues
- Other administrative functions
If you are new to Oklahoma State, you will activate your O-Key account as a first order of business.
- Go to http://okey.okstate.edu.
- Click the area in the topmost section – labeled New Users - O-KEY Activation to open the activation function.
- Follow the prompts for information. When asked for a Social Security Number (SSN), International students should enter the last five digits of the substitute SSN provided by the International Students and Scholars Office.
- When you are asked to enter a PIN number, you should be able to find it in an email from Registrar’s Office (students) or the Human Resources department (employees).
See more information at How do I activate my Orange Key (O-Key) account?